Re: Moon Relay

If a mission is going there and there's room to get a ride on it, I'd
say it would be a good idea to have something designed and possibly
built to be able to jump on it.  If someone else is getting a mission
package to the lunar surface and has power and heat available (i.e.
somebody else's RTG to plug into!) to get through lunar nights, I'd say
go for it.  Can't hurt.

On Tuesday, Mar 2, 2004, at 14:22 US/Central, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> I have completely ignored the Moon Relay thread
> because it has zero value compared
> to other ways to do the same job more simply.
>
> But since our President says we are going back to the
> Moon, I realized, we may as well have a design for our
> Moon-auts when they get there with their HT's and want
> to work a little DX via a Moon repeater.
>
> So, as an Academic exercise only, I threw together a little
> web page just for fun..
>
> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/moonrelay.html
>
> Do any other sites exist that I should link to?

Heard from a flight instructor:
"The only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask, resulting in my
going out and having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of
torn and twisted metal."