RE: Moon Relay

Bob,

See, your own image proves the Apollo missions were faked!

You can see the two lights on the ceiling in that 1st photo. You can even
make out the 100w light bulb in the one at the front (top of the frame).

Actually, if such a moon repeater was built, it would provide amazing
coverage to the entire world, but only half at a time. Whats more, if it was
placed "just out of town" from the new "Moon Base Bush", then someone could
nip out once a year or two for any required maintance, replace modules, new
batteries, new transponder etc. It would of course have a local 70 cm link
for just around "town".

So, all teasing aside, do the signal link budget numbers consider the sun
therminal noise reflected from the rest of the moon? We do of course know
the moon reflects at microwave freqs: think EME.

In fact, answering my own 1st question, this is something EME operators
already have to deal with. How significant is the noise level of the moons
reflections from the sun at "full moon"?

Regards,
Jim Towler
Wellington
New Zealand
ZL1TYF.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/moonrelay.html

Do any other sites exist that I should link to?

de WB4APR, Bob