Re: Idea for more satellites in short time

Hi Dan ( N8FGV)

Regarding the above subject ,  If you are correct, :

Dan said:
" The main problem with AO-40 was that it ended up being an
> evolutionary dead
> end. The next high altitude satellite should be a design that can be
> replicated and launched repeatedly, so that if we don't get the
> first one
> right, we will have a chance to try again. "

Does it follow that the Amsat Mission lacks the ability to provide
Mission control for your remark?

>AMSAT MISSION.
>AMSAT is a non-profit volunteer organization which designs, builds and
>operates experimental satellites and promotes space education.
>We work in partnership with government, industry, educational
institutions
>and fellow amateur radio societies.
>We encourage technical and scientific, innovation and promote the
training
>and development of skilled satellite and ground system designers and
operators..
---------------------------

If Amsat builds and operates EXPERIMENTAL satellites , where does a
common satellite fit into the mission.    By common, I refer to copies of
previous satellites to ensure a communications capability .
That capability being prime for that satellite, which ensures a proven
quality a high percent of the time.
In deference to a experimental satellite that has no 100 % proven
ability.

I find no problem with experimental satellite building however one could
infer from your
post that there may be a difference in how satellite design and
construction is approached.
when the word experimental is removed from a Mission statement.

Thanks Dan

Joe Murray  K0VTY