Re: Idea for more satellites in short time

At 02:03 PM 3/1/2004 -0500, Dan Schultz wrote:
>Most hams will never be on 24 GHz unless we provide them a reason for going
>there. One of the missions of the amateur satellite program is to provide hams
>with good reasons to get on the higher frequency bands. If we fail to do this,
>most hams will never have a reason to get on 24 GHz.

At first glance evolution would seem to be 2.4, then 3.3, 5.6, 10 and then
24. The move from 2.4 to 24GHz initially seems fairly substantial though
when you think about it, it's probably no more substantial than going from
6 meters to 70cm.  My only concerns about 24 GHz would be availability of
parts and path loss.  Given the problem people seem to have with 2.4G and
trees it would appear to me that at 24GHz your average pine tree would
appear to be a Faraday cage.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm