Re: UO-11 beacon and Full Doppler Control

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Pixton"
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:34 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] UO-11 beacon and Full Doppler Control

> As we look forward to Echo and using the L-Band uplink and the S-Band
> downlink, it seems to me that we are going to need computer assistance to
> correct for the radid Doppler shifts we will experience.

Jerry,

This is quite true!

I once listened to the UO-11 beacon with my rig outside at the dish, and was
VERY busy manually aiming the dish and tuning *very quickly* to account for
the doppler!!

I am equipped fairly well for mode U/S, but I have no L band equipment at
all, so count me out on mode L/S for now.

Hopefully the next HEO birds will include U/S for those of us who have
enjoyed U/S on AO-40...

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN