Re: VK/ZL ops?

Phil & Keith,
I am traveling in the US and Europe over the next two weeks, but when I return "home" to Darwin in mid-March I hope to have my ticket from the ACA in the mailbox (requested VK8OE).  My work schedule is hectic, but don't be surprised to hear me on FO-29 one Sunday soon... maybe mobile, as my apartment balcony is fully blocked to the south.
73,
Jerry, K5OE

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:38, Howard Long wrote:
> Folks
>
> I am thinking of operating satellite in VK and ZL between 29 February and
> 13 March. What level of activity is there on the LEOs in that part of the
> world?

Working LEO satellites from this part of the world, Howard, is really a test
of one's persistence. As much as it pains me to say so, there is practically
no activity on any of the LEO satellites.

Although the situation is disheartening, it is possible to hear another voice.
I occasionally make contact with one of three other stations via FO-29 and
two others are sometimes available on SO-50. I haven't made contact with
anyone on AO-07 for quite some time.

Your best bet is to arrange a contact for a specific time.

--
Regards,
Phil.