Re: Idea for more satellites in short time

AO-40 was designed to fit the available launch space so we would have got one
AO-10. The launch costs much more than the satellite. The only reason that we
get any HEOs is that AMSAT-DL (actually the university it is affiliated with)
has an arrangement with Arianespace to make use of extra space on launch
vehicles. We don't get that opportunity in the U.S. because our government
decided to privatize the launch business and that was not feasible.

73,

John
KD6OZH