Improvements on ISS

Kevin,

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but AMSAT  has set up a specific
listserv for human spaceflight activities. I would encourage you to post
ISS-related items such as this on the sarex@amsat.org listserv.

If you have a specific proposal for improvements to the ISS Ham radio
system, it would be best if you submit those to the ARISS (Amateur Radio on
the International Space Station) team for review and consideration.  If you
go to the ARISS web site:

www.rac.ca/ariss

Under "team members" you can see that Mike Miller, KA5SMA is the
Secretariat of the Project Selection and use committee.   This is the
committee that reviews and forwards specific projects, plans and ideas to
the ARISS International Delegates.  Actually Valentin is working with this
committee now to prepare his follow-on presentation on the Shadow
experiment for the upcoming ARISS International Delegates meeting that will
be held at ESA ESTEC in late March.  It sounds like your packet ideas
should be added to Valentin's presentation.  I think you should coordinate
directly with him to ensure it is part of the package for the ARISS team to
review.

The ARISS International meetings are always open to the ham radio
community, so if you have the opportunity you are welcome to attend our
meeting at ESA ESTEC (located in the Netherlands).

For those in the states, the ARISS International meeting after the ESA
ESTEC meeting will be held in conjunction with the AMSAT Symposium and
Annual meeting in October.  All are welcome attend.  It will provide you
with a great perspective of what is on the horizon and you will get to meet
a number of fantastic people.

73,

Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT VP for Human Spaceflight Programs