Re: AMSAT Nets

Hi Jim,

I think the real problem is that it's not a net - it's - well - a radio
show. NO CRITICISM MEANT HERE - it's a good thing to broadcast news.

The topic and question was about nets, not broadcasts.  They aren't the
same thing. I still respond to the question that was asked by Asi by saying
there are neither Echolink nor IRLP nets.  I think there should be, and
KK5DO and I have had discussion about the logistics.  Bruce feels it's not
conducive.  I'm not a "net control" type, but I'm encouraging those who are
good net controllers to consider it. Volunteers should step forward now.

73,

Emily

At 04:01 PM 2/27/2004 +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:21:09PM -0600, Adi Linden wrote:
> > Are you aware of any AMSAT Nets on IRLP or Echolink?
>
>The Houston AMSAT Net is often gatewayed (unidirectionally) to
>the *AMSAT* conference on Echolink.  0200Z Wednesdays (moves to
>0100Z April~September).
>
>   http://www.amsatnet.com/
>   http://www.amsat.org/echolink/
>
>----