Re: Why sat launches are a b****

At 09:03 PM 2/26/2004 -0700, Scott Townley wrote:
>Boeing Co. and Lockheed Martin Corp. will be paid 50 percent more to send
>U.S. military satellites into space to compensate for collapse of
>commercial demand that threatens their launch businesses, an Air Force
>official said Wednesday.  Payments will increase to as much as $135M per
>launch from $91M.

This makes me sick. There is demand - they just don't want to do small
payloads.

I hope Burt Rutan is laughing his buns off over this.  Or maybe we can
convince Canada and India to jointly build a commercial launch site at 57
deg N in Northern BC and see how the US and Russia deal with that.  It's
not money.  Everyone knows - it's location, location, location.  And Boeing
and Lockheed don't have a monopoly on that.

JMO - and this miffs me.

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7