Re: Idea for more satellites in short time

At 09:26 PM 2/26/2004 -0800, Dave Guimont wrote:

>Emily Clarke wrote:
>>If I would design a new sat for low earth orbit I would think seriously
>>about building a duplicate of AO-7 or FO-29 with only minor
>>differences.  I would not try to build a new UO-14 since with FM only one
>>person can use it at a time.
>
>I know it seems like one, but two SHOULD be able to use it.....
>
>We'll see how Echo fares....

Whoa - this seems weird - me proposing a SSB satellite and you supporting
an FM satellite.

I think two linked FM birds will actually mean half would use it because on
FM bird would jam the other.  We have seen this kind of intermod problem
with SO-50/AO27 lately.  Fortunately they are not in the same footprint at
the moment, but with one being Polar and the other not, it's only a matter
of time.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm