From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of KF4FDJ (Mike in Fort Myers, FL)
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 1999 10:21 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] CQ RS-15!

Fellow ops,

The experiment on RS-15 was quite successful, with a handful of QSOs.
K5VAS, W7LRD, N7SFI, and N3HKQ were all spotted and worked.

I think many ops are like me, and had all but abandoned RS-15 because it
is very discouraging calling CQ and "working yourself" for an entire
pass, as I have done many times.

I would like to propose we make 29.380 the de-facto "meeting place" on
RS-15.  Call it the calling frequency, watering hole, whatever.  If
we're all "looking" in the same place, we'll have a much better chance
of making a contact.

I will be around tomorrow during the day, and will be listening/calling
when the passes are in my favor.  I am working with a fixed 10 meter
downlink, and it doesn't work well below 15 degrees.  If we are going to
have more activity on the bird, I will erect a vertical to fill in for
the low elevations.

73, and hope to see you on Radio Sport 15!

Mike kf4fdj@amsat.org