Peltier element in space ?

Hi AMSATs,

Somebody knows if peltier-elements are ever used to power a satellite ???
With Peltier elements you can turn heat into DC electricity, maybe an option
to use in combination with solar panels that get hot, and to turn this heat
into electricity too...

Propably the efficiency is to low, but it would be a nice experiment I
think, to try this out with a little satellite transponder :o) Also to do
something else than what is normal... I did't say "something
abnormal" :o)

Its just an idea to keep us busy in a technical way :o)

73 de PE1RAH, William in Buenos Aires :o)
---