Re: alternatives

At 05:53 PM 2/23/04 -0500, Diane Bruce <db@db.net> wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:53:05PM -0800, Emily Clarke wrote:
> > At 03:49 PM 2/23/2004 -0500, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:
> >
> > >After reading the status reports on the amsat web site it looks like P3D
> > >was
> > >amateur community over launch delays ahead safety and reliability of the
> > >bird, eh?
> >
> > I wasn't around in 2000 but if the amount of bitching, moaning, second
> > guessing and finger pointing that goes on today existed then, I'm
> surprised
>
>   I think that when any group asks for money that perhaps there should
>be some reassurance that it is being spent wisely.

I've donated money to Amsat-na for Amsat projects for years.  Some
donations were directly to Amsat, and some donations went through other
organizations for Amsat.  I've never regretted sending in a single a single
penny I've donated.  I have a lot of faith in the expertize of the builders
and command stations.   I might like to *stir* a little when I think the
money went to the wrong place, but that's just my nature I guess.   Every
satellite built and launched, I'm sure we learn new ways to build things
and control things, and that's what ham radio is all about. Advancement of
knowledge and having fun making a few qso's at the same time.  I say to
everyone "Donate"  for where every or what ever project or Amsat function
you want.  There's nothing to worry about.

KB7ADL