RE: Print Journal vs. Electronic

FWIW - the three Journal PDF files I have complied so far are between 3MB
and 7MB in size depending on the graphic content. As I've said before, to
download files that size would be no problem for some and a major problem
for others.

As for color, some items I receive are in color, some are not. Color would
make the PDF files a little larger depending on the resolution of the
pictures. But color in electronic form is not a problem. If we do it both
ways then it is a problem since the printer informs me that color photos
print in all black unless they are processed. To make color and black and
white versions for both print and electronic formats is double the work for
me and it's already a huge load. So I won't do both.

As the Editor, I do not have time to e-mail the Journal to everyone. We
would have to have a service do that or some secure server somewhere to
download from. As for electronic format or not it doesn't matter to me since
I create the Journal electronically anyway. Distribution is not something I
want to get involved with or control.

My PERSONAL preference is paper and I have high-speed Internet and it's old
news when I get it since I've seen it a million times before publishing.

:-)

Ed Long
WA4SWJ
Editor, The AMSAT Journal