Re: Regarding Pre Amps

I looked at these last year as well and there were two things that I
weighed against them.  The first was that they are VOX switched which
seemed less desirable than PTT switched.  Second was that the 70cm NF is
1.1db, which was higher than the < 1db of the AG-35.

73,

Emily

At 04:36 PM 2/23/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>As for pre amps there is another option unless I missed it on the BB.
>Therefore, you might consider a Landwehr preamp.  I was looking for preamps
>when AO-13 was up and running.  The Landwehr won hands down with noise
>figure of .7 ,etc.  .They also could stand a LOT of power through them.  The
>2m one would allow 175? watts as is.  OR you could change soemthing inside
>and it could handle 750 watts.   However, I'm not sure they are for sale.
>There are used ones and someone who repairs them I think.  Hope this help
>some.
>
>http://www.radiodan.com/ted_stuff/landwehr.htm

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7