Re: alternatives

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:53:05PM -0800, Emily Clarke wrote:
> At 03:49 PM 2/23/2004 -0500, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:
>
> >After reading the status reports on the amsat web site it looks like P3D
> >was
> >amateur community over launch delays ahead safety and reliability of the
> >bird, eh?
>
> I wasn't around in 2000 but if the amount of bitching, moaning, second
> guessing and finger pointing that goes on today existed then, I'm surprised

  I think that when any group asks for money that perhaps there should
be some reassurance that it is being spent wisely.

  I don't agree with the acrimony on this list but constructive
review might be in order. In fact, I fully expect the AO-40 command
team has already done so.
> probably think are things like "What the h**l did I sign up for." and "What
> did I do to deserve this kind of abuse."

  Its bad eough getting flame emails as the result of this list.

> One very important factor in the equation of making projects successful is
> how risk is managed and perhaps that is the real problem.  With all of the
> people on the BB should start to think about supporting a proactive effort
> by AMSAT to manage risks more effectively in the future.

  I would agree with that.

- Diane VA3DB #35184