FW: Icom 706 use on Sats

Steve,

I noticed when I bought an Icom Ag35 preamp one last year the NF was on the
sheet that came with the AG35, and I believe it said "1 or less". I went
into the HRO store in Atlanta to look at it before I bought.

Greg
N4EN
I noticed that Icom doesn't like the noise factor for their pre-amps. My
gues is that it's over 1db. The SSB pre-ampts offer 20db of gain and a NF
Max of .8 db. The difference (maybe) in NF is probably worth the price.

Does anyone know what the NF of the Icom pre-amps are?

-Steve