Re: alternatives

This would mean 3 years from now there would be only 1 functioning

HEO satellite in orbit to pin all our hopes on (assuming P3-E arrives

safely in orbit) with nothing else in the pipeline.  Having  more than

1 HEO up and running seems like a good idea to me.  Both Echo and

Eagle are worth while projects.  This should not be an either/ or

situation.

Armando, N8IGJ

 Member #20486

>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:00:23 -0800

>From: Dave Guimont dguimon1@san.rr.com

>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] alternatives

>Now that AO-40 is not available and many of us are in a funk, here is

>another alternative that might help accelerate the next HEO.

>WHAT IF: After Echo is on station, AMSAT-NA scraped the Eagle

>project and approached AMSAT-DL with the offer of the Eagle resources

>in an effort to accelerate the P3-E launch?

YES, YES, YES!!!

Best idea since sliced bread! I have no idea of what it takes to

accomplish that, but the pittance I donated to support EAGLE, I hereby want

it to go to

73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org

Disagree: I learn....