Receiving UO-11 on S-Band

Hi there,

Just wanting to check before I sort my kit out for the 1st of march to
receiving uo-11.

Basicly, it's the same as my ao-40 gear apart from the helix, it needs to be
left hand polorization.

Also, some questions :).

What sort of signal am I likely to get, ive heard some audio files from the
net and its just a tone. The audio tone of the signal is dropping in freq,
but I assume that is due to the mass amount of doppler?

How strong (from other people's experience) would I get using the k5gna
system with an 80cm offset dish?

And if trying to receive uo-11 is a good idea while im getting drunk (its
20th birthday had to be on my 22nd :) ?

Also, from what I have read, there is no telemetery on the s band, just that
tone, is this correct?.

if the info is on the net, I cant look it up at the moment cause I am at
work :/.

Thanks for any info :).

Scott Elliott

M1SJE

--------------------------
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and it is intended for the
recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed.  This e-mail
may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee nor may
it be copied or forwarded to third parties without the express permission of
Calor.  Calor disclaim all liability for any statements made by the sender
which do not directly concern the business of Calor and Calor denies any
contracts purported to be concluded on behalf of Calor by means of an e-mail
communication.

Neither Calor nor the sender accepts any responsibility or liability for
viruses and it is the responsibility of the recipient to scan this e-mail
and any attachments to satisfy itself that the e-mail is virus free.

If this e-mail is received in error, please contact Calor
(HTTP:\\www.calor.co.uk) on (0)1926 330088 quoting the name of the sender
and the addressee and then both delete it from your system and from your
deleted items folder.