From: K & R Yoksh [mailto:yokshs@planetkc.com]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 00:26
To: amsat-bb
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re:Re: Re: The hard questions..

> As we learned from AO-7 the batteries can fail and short out the buss.
> We had to wait 20 years for the batteries to open. We need to design
> the next bird to assume this will happen.

Along these lines..

A fellow ham asked me if amateur satellites had any special systems built in
to reset themselves in an emergency?

If certain conditions are met (or are NOT met) the bird could automatically
enter a pre-defined default mode. For example,  if no communication is made
to the satellite in X amount of time, or battery voltage gets extremely low,
etc the bird resets itself, or something to that effect.

Is it possible to create such a system in future satellites?

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, Kansas