From: owner-Officers@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-Officers@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Paul Williamson
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 12:43 PM
To: bod@AMSAT.Org; officers@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [officers] Fwd: [amsat-bb] New projects?

This comment on AMSAT-BB hits a nerve:

>I went to the Amsat.org web site today to look for some Eagle-related
info.
>I didn't see anything pertaining to Eagle (other than the new Eagle
Build
>Campaign thermometer! Nice work!), so I clicked on a link titled 'New
>Projects' http://www.amsat.org/amsat/news/ans2001/ans01063.html#02
>and found myself reading news from March 4, 2001!

Pathetic, isn't it? But there has been no news generated by the Eagle
project
since that announcement three years ago. I can't post what doesn't
exist. That
announcement still contains all the available concrete information on
Eagle as
far as I know.

At the early Eagle/Projcomm meeting I attended, there was a strong
agreement
that an Information Officer position was needed. Do we have anybody in
that
position? Does he have anything newer or more substantial for me to
post?

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org
----
Via the officers mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.