RE: Simon says "What a Wonderful World"

Hi all,

Not sure if I understood everything Luc wrote, and for that matter, just
what his main point was, but somehow it seemed the best email in these last
few weeks since I subscribed to the list. Some people have lost sight, in
their anger and sadness.

I am NOT currently an AMSAT member, but unlike some that think now is the
time to leave, I'm thinking now is the time to join.

I purchased a Drake downconverter for AO-40 about a year ago, and a mth ago,
at last got a multimode transceiver with the aim to get onto AO-40. I spent
some time with a local ham also using a Drake converter for AO-40, and he
had got to the point where he could receive and decode telemetery and was
starting to copy a few of the better ssb signals.

When we lost AO-40 I was deeply sad, and still am, on account of the things
I intended to do, and now can't. But I also understand I have not made
anything like the time and money investments of so many others.

So, instead, I've been seeing what of the other sats I can copy. So far only
some packets off ISS and PCSat. Seems many of the LEOs are sick, broken, or
in a few cases, and not turned on while over New Zealand.

I'm thinking I will join AMSAT-NZ, so that in due course we may be able to
lunch Kiwisat. But I'm also thinking of joining AMSAT-NA, as a way of adding
my support to Echo. And now of course, looking forward to Eagle etc to
replace in a sense, AO-40.

My vote of thanks to all that people have added to the work that has gone
before, and encourage you towards what will follow. Thankyou.

And of course, like many others, I hope for AO-40 to return to service if it
will ...

Regards,
Jim Towler
ZL1TYF