Simon says "What a Wonderful World"

Thats many AO-40 users says when operating "What a Wonderful World". On many comments i received after my LEO
vs HEO poll, one constant remain 100% non north american stations are in favor of HEO. Less in NA are in
favor of HEO but they will all fully support HEO only after Echo launch.

Constraint:

1-Money
2-Goals
3-Critical mass of builders and technician
4-Whats come first AMSAT bod decisions or memberships needs
5-International cooperation

In an ideal world all the XYZSAT groups will gettogether in planning any HAMSAT program. As i already wrote i
don't see any logics in cascading LEO batteries powered LEO. Should we concentrate our ressources in building
one big one...a HEO that's whats HAMS wants.

Or should we specialized AMSAT-NA in LEO and let AMSAT-DL developping HEO with other AMSAT groups?

As many comments says we cannot get both right now. When AO-40 was operating it was sound to developped echo
AMSAT-DL is involved with P3E. But reality change how can we ask a majority to wait to satisfied a minority?

How AMSAT-NA evaluate and review the existing options? If it takes 10 millions to build an HEO from scratch,
how much is needed to complete P3E? AMSAT-UK donates for echo when echo was ON did they do the same if AO-40
was OFF?  AMSAT-ZL wants to develop KIWI-SAT  AMSAT-FR is working on EDUSAT AMSAT INDIA is working on VUSAT
There was also Starshine and STP's Picosat, Sapphire and PCSat, sputnik and we still have ISS a big 10-4 one.

I KNOW...I KNOW they are all good project and i will not evaluate them on a scale of 10 but lets think i will
give them all a 10 mark...good enough! and i will give also a 10 to all the small groups of technician who
volumteers their time and work and bleed on theses projects YOU KNOW WHY???

BECAUSE IT IS THEIR BIG TOYS they are so involved in the makink of their dream machine they forget the rest
to a point to called anyone who is not sharing their passion and or ideas STUPID.or ignorant.

Whats the YXZSAT can do...they are funds providers unable to effectively lead they try to follow the wave
without making too big one.

I also received some comments and read some post about what we should say and we should not say because we
will only divide and split membership! is it something new?  I never see as much unsubscribers resurecting
when there is fierce discussion to only give their 2 cents and vanish AGAIN. Probably a new snake species
they bite and run. (Read humour here)

Our wonderful world is already divided AMSAT membership, BOD, AMSAT-BB are only a pale copy of our real
world. Please don't let me cry about the uglyness on some thread. When discussions stops war starts AMSAT is
in good shape, war is far away...

To conclude:

There is an urgent need in AMSAT to take the stand and lay the cards on the table. Whats we do wrong! whats
we do right here is the facts. Now we start from scratch how can we effectively lead, how can we have a sound
base to sell and defend our programs, goals, ideas and be aware of our memberships desires and dreams.

BTW if we purge all hot air, whinning and so qualified comments what we will have to read soon... when all
our ham satellites will be gone?  ECHO will be there and ouups! i'm looping back here.

I'm taking someone else position!  i go under my rock...

What a wonderfull world and don't worry be happy.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)