Re: Universities

At 02:19 PM 18-02-2004, Al Zoller wrote:
>Another
>example is NASA's Nano Sat 3 program in which there are 13
>universities involved. Ten of these have elected to utilize  amateur
>radio frequencies! This situation is approaching critical mass.
>
>All of these programs are producing more hams and they are also
>producing the satellite designers and builders of the future. Dare
>AMSAT neglect them?

AMSAT dare not and did not.  Attending the conference were KA3HDO, W3IWI,
W3PK, and W4ART, on behalf of AMSAT and the IARU Amateur Satellite
Frequency Coordination Panel.

We spent a great deal of time over two days taking in everyone's
presentations and demonstrations; talking and teaching about amateur radio,
world frequency management, the IARU coordination process; and much, much more.

Clearly, so many other possibilities exist for AMSAT interaction with
schools.  If you've got some time, please, give me a ring and I'm happy to
share some of my ideas and would love to hear yours.  Indeed, there are a
number of AMSAT projects you might undertake to help the effort!!
Interested?????

73, art.....