Fw: Yaesu G-600X azimuth Rotor maintenance

Corrected Message, please disregard the previous.Sorry.

From: "Nicolaus Sallay" <n.sallay@horizon.com.br>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 6:38 PM
Subject: Yaesu G-600X Azimuth Rotor maintenance

Hello all,

 - Please I need some help from whom already did this job.
 I know there has been previous postings about this matter, but due to
 computer exchange I lost this information.If there is any site available with
 big pictures, I will apreciate the information.

 I intend to disassemble the azimuth rotor to clean up and regrease the unit.In
 loocking to the exploded parts drawing, I understand that by losening the
 "Housing Ring" with the lower bearing section, I can take apart the "Upper
 Housing" with out disturbing the central motor and gear assembly and only
 exposing the upper bearing ring.
 Please, is that correct.

 Second question, in the upper housing is contained the "Internal Ring Gear".
Is this gear fixed by srews or is it only engaged and retained by some fixure, in
other words,do you have to pay attention not to "lose his exact position" due to
any limit swiching device.

 Thank you very much in advance for any information
 73
 Nicolaus Sallay-PP8DA
 n.sallay@horizon.com.br
 Verificado c/Norton Antivirus 2003