Re: AMSAT-BB forums

At 9:52 AM -0800 2/17/04, Assi Friedman wrote:
>Would it be prudent to split the AMSAT-BB boards into two or three different
>boards to address the "signal to noise" issue.

I don't believe that would help. There would be a lot of
cross-posting, and side arguments about which mailing list a given
discussion belongs on. Many discussions start out technical and drift
into policy or operational issues, or the other way around.

>(I have no clue how much effort this would entail for Paul to set it up)

It would be trivial to set up. The difficulty would arise in keeping
each list "on topic". I already get angry responses when I try (with
limited success) to keep the AMSAT-BB and SAREX mailing lists
separate and on-topic.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org