Satellites and their costs

Hi AMSATs,

What I see on AMSAT-BB is many messages about the costs, funds etc...
I think the problem is that there are to many Dagobert Ducks (disney figure
that likes money), and to few Gyro Gearloose (Disney inventor) and his
little helper (the little light-bulb) in ham world.

I don't say that it is bad, but sometimes I think the red-line of
conversation is not at the right side...
Why satellites are that expensive is because we make it most luxious as
possible...
I think there are not so many commercial satellites so flexible and on so
many bands as Ao-40...

Its like buying a car, the more luxous you want the more the price will
rize...
So, what to do next ???

Just make something simple, just one transponder, like the old days of Ao10
in mode-b...
This makes the satellite less heavy, smaller, and cheaper...

When there is no money, we just have to give away some of our wishes...
Its with many things in life...

Just an idea of a Gyro Gearloose :o)
73 de PE1RAH, William in Curitiba, Brazil...
---