Re: alternatives

At 04:00 PM 2/16/04 -0800, Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com> wrote:
>>WHAT IF: After Echo is on station, AMSAT-NA scraped the Eagle
>>project and approached AMSAT-DL with the offer of the Eagle resources
>>in an effort to accelerate the P3-E launch?
>

>YES, YES, YES!!!
>
>Best idea since sliced bread!  I have no idea of what it takes to
>accomplish that, but the pittance I donated to support EAGLE, I hereby
>want it to go to
>   P3-E...........................

Dave,

I've sent AMSAT-DL a P3E donation and plan to do it again if able, but I
want to see if the Amsat-NA BOD is really serious about building Eagle
first.  Hard to tell right now.  We could have already been months ahead on
the project if it hadn't been shoved on the back burner.

It's possible, if AO-40 doesn't come back right away, the BOD may/might
decide to jump on the P3E bandwagon in order to give members a faster HEO
alternative to the 3 second Grid exchange type QSO you'll find on
Echo.  Or, the BOD may decide to fund and build another LEO sat. They're
quite unpredictable at times. We'll just have to wait and see what
happens.  My fingers are crossed, both for the Boards decisions and AO-40.