Re:Re: Command Station Woes

>Can one of the Command stations give us a run down of the type
>of equipment they use including their antenna setup?
>
>73 de Mike
>KA2AEV/V26R

Sure.

Standard equipment
-----------------------------
Antennas:
S-band: 3 ft. solid aluminum dish, G3RUH patch feed,  DB6NT downconverter
with L-band bypass stub to eliminate desense
L-band: 2 stacked G3RUH helices
U-band: 40 element KLM crossed Yagi's.

Transceiver:
Kenwood TS-790

Backup equipment
-------------------------
Antenna:
16 ft. paraclipse dish on homemade az/el mount with Suding tri-band patch
feed for U,L,S
(S-band setup same as above,  dish can be viewed at my web site )

Amps:
L-band:  homemade GI7B cavity amp, 250+ watts
U-band: Lunar-Link 1.5 KW amp.

Needless to say, the amps and 16 ft. dish are serious overkill and not used
for normal AO-40 uplinking, esp. with the 16 ft. dish.  They do provide
considerable confidence that the command link to AO-40 is solid under
REALLY, REALLY adverse conditions.