Re: Re Hard Questions

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:10:44PM -0000, Mike Hooles wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of hot air floating around and little action from
> there. If you want new blood to come in, you need some simple sats for them
> to work on. How many guys have started satellite ops purely on the basis of

  I'm new blood. Simple sats left me cold. Sorry, but it was AO-40
that finally fired me up to get involved in amsat. Now its gone.
Maybe its time to re-examine the assumptions some of us have. It's also
possible I am an exception to the rule.

> And for those who are moaning about using FM, there are some of us who think

  Well, seems a lot of hams buy something like a 706MKIII a lot of
the new HF radios seem to include 6/2/440 ssb/cw as well. Couple that
with an arrow antenna (LEO) and perhaps the idea that
new hams will only have 2M and enticing them into sats with an LEO FM
bird perhaps needs to be looked at again.

  I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the survey.

> that now we've mastered the U/S bands on satellites will be looking at the

  I rather like Tom Clarks c-c rider concept too.

- Diane Bruce, VA3DB, AMSAT #35184