FW: Amsat fund rasing

Hi

I have been reading all the recent e-mails regarding the rights and
wrongs and who did what and the problems with AO-40.

I for one have enjoyed not only AO-40 but also AO-10 and AO-13 and would
support the construction on an AO-40 Mk2 maybe someone will correct me
but I seem to remember reading that there are some spare modules or
modules that were meant for AO-40 that never made it unto the satellite
could these be used for a MK2?

I understand that building a satellite is an expensive and time
consuming thing to do and Amsat are reliant on a team of very talented
people who give their time freely and I for one would not have been able
to gain so much knowledge and had so much fun without their efforts.

Would it be possible for someone at Amsat to start a fund for the
building of a high orbit satellite I for one can't afford to make a huge
donation to Amsat but would be more than happy to make a monthly
automatic payment into such a fund. If every satellite op put the cost
of a packet of cigarettes or a couple of pints of beer into the fund
each month A it would not be missed B the value of the fund should rise
quickly.

How about it?

73 Keith

GU6EFB