From: Barry - VA3BJD [mailto:va3bjd@rac.ca]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 11:44
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AMSAT goals and future?

On Feb 16, 2004, at 11:01 AM, Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:

> At 09:21 AM 2/16/04 -0500, Barry - VA3BJD <va3bjd@rac.ca> wrote:
>> Rick just a suggestion. Telling AMSAT members their questions are
>> ridiculous seems anti-productive for a member of the BOD and the
>> person who is going to be the President of AMSAT in October. You
>> might want to think up another way of expressing your anger towards
>> the membership. Perhaps one of those squeezy balls.
>>
>> Or something like I just did.... cancel my President's Club
>> membership!
>

> Stay with us Barry.  I think things will turn out good in the end.
> Echo sat has been Rick's pet project. He's going to defend it more
> than anything else.
> When it's up, we should be able to start the Eagle program again full
> swing, unless another LEO project comes along and needs the money in
> reserves.

73

I am still a member Vince.  I am just not willing to "blindly" give
money to AMSAT. I always look very carefully at an organization/charity
before I donate money. Most charities don't pass the sniff test.
Unfortunately AMSAT is falling into that category. AMSAT's budget is a
joke and spending seems to be without direction or controls.

I will hold on to my money and wait for things to change.

73
Barry