Re: AO-40 MK II

Luc wrote:

My only hope "i wish i'm dead wrong here" ...AO-40 BCR'S are gone, blew up due to high current charge needed
to charge a failed battery and a deeply discharged tied with the failed one. I know they where intended to
endure the full deployed solar arry current but not as much current needed to feed a failed+discharded
combination.

Wayne replies:

Nonsense.  The maximum charging current is dictated by what the solar cells can supply.  A low battery voltage cannot make the charge current be higher than what the solar cells are able to produce.  The existing configuration (folded solar cells) produces one third as much current as the intended design (solar cells deployed).  Consequently, the BCR is definitely NOT subjected to excessive charge current.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA