Re:Re: AO-40 Update, 2004-02-15

>Just curious, and admittedly I'm back-seat driving without a map here...
>
>If we are trying to get the battery voltage to creep up above 12v in order
>to command the relay, why attempt to turn on the transmitter?  I would think
>that a couple (or a couple of dozen) orbits without the transmitter would be
>more likely to nudge the battery pack, than with it on.
>
>Greg  KO6TH

Attempts to switch the relay are made first, followed by a delay of about
15 minutes.

If the relay switch is successful and the shorted battery is taken
off-line, the voltage should pop up instantly.  It won't creep
up.  However, as I've said before, every test session ends with commands to
turn the transmitters off, mainly to protect the transmitters from
low-voltage damage, but also to keep the system drain as low as possible.