Re: AO-40 MK II

>or P3E. I feel sorry for all LEO sat supporters but reality change after
>AO-40
>demises. We will not gained any valuable assets in cascading 10-4 sats
>launches.
>
>Serious efforts should be made towards HEO. Just consider how much
>worldwide users invest time and money in
>setting their AO-40 class station and the only logical course of action is
>to go towards HEO.
>
>The main question is AMSAT is leading without considering memberships
>demands? or they will be quick to react
>on the recent changes in reality?

Good stuff, Luc!!

I've been SCREAMING for a HEO(EAGLE) for months, wondering all the time why
money is being dumped into a LEO, and an FM one at that!!

I've taken a lot of flak for those statements, so go ahead, hit me again,
my shoulders are broad.  I've been around long enough to know what the
majority of the REAL satellite supporters want, and we need more of them to
come out of the woodwork...

With the temporary (I HOPE!) loss of AO40 maybe more users will become
aware of what amateur satellite future is.  P3E is sure to be a reality,
fortunately, but that appears to be about two years off.

AO-7 (read ssb,cw) and AO40 has kept interest going for months, how much
will Echo create??

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....