Re: AO-7 requirements

At 11:04 AM 2/14/2004 -0900, you wrote:
>Emily, Robert and Angel:
>
>Well I can look at AO-27&SO-50, but I have the impression they are not
>reliable or well scheduled (I will pay more attention to bb-reports).

I think it depends on your definition of reliable and well
scheduled.  SO-50 is almost always turned on, at least here on the west
coast.  AO27 is always on for evening (South to North) passes, for 6
minutes per pass.

>  That could also make a
>difference for AO-7 operation, though I understand the issue with simplex
>operation.  Perhaps, I will try it out at home in advance with the FT-847
>listening in parallel.

I don't want to discourage you from trying to work simplex, but my guess is
that it will be a frustrating experience at best.

>Leo operation may have to be done mobile using mag-mounted whips?

Probably OK as long as they are 5/8 wave with some gain.  The little stubby
18" whips don't really cut it.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm