AO-7 requirements

Well now we know Echo will not be up when I make my cross-country drive
(5900-miles from MS to AK) April-21/May-8.

So I am wondering what satellite to pursue while traveling.  I will have my
FT-817 (5w) and can bring the port. arrow antenna.  What I am wondering is
whether that will do well enough for AO-7?  Any experienced AO-7 operators
wish to comment?

Mostly, I will be QRP mobile on 20m/6m/2m/70cm.  I may run APRS
beaconing/100 Hz watch on 144.390 when not operating.

More details later closer to "launch" time!

73s, Ed - AL7EB