RE: Is anybody hearing NO-45 ?

Just tried this evening, I[ve got a great 440 antenna, 25 elements with good tracking and a solid pre-amp.  I heard it strong a week or so ago, but since then havent been able to find it.  Could still also be my station, but I'm having the same experience.

M K3MH

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Ronald Nutter
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 6:04 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Is anybody hearing NO-45 ?

I have been trying to hear NO-45 for a couple of weeks now.  Just starting to branch out from doing the FM birds, so I am using groundplane antennas.  I have tried even the high passes at 70 degrees to my location but I am not hearing the bird in the evenings which is usually the time I can sit down and work the sats.  I tried the good pass tonight without success.  Even a ARR UHF preamp that helps with AO-27 and the other FM birds has yielded no joy here.

For those who are hearing it, what kind of antennas and equipment are you using ?  Didnt think it would be this hard.

Thanks,

Ron
KA4KYI

www.ka4kyi.com