Re: Be prepared for the worse

In a message dated 2/10/04 10:35:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
71611.76@compuserve.com writes:

> If, however, as another person said, there is a possible solid
>  state alternative that
>  will put out 100+watts, I would be the first to recommend it. I'd love to
>  find one.

Well, it's not quite 100 watts, but DEMI has a new 2304 solid state amp using
MRF-286 devices. 80 watts linear and 90 watts saturated for 1 watt of drive.
Model 1380PA. I asked Steve about the ability to use it at 2400 as well, but
he was not optimistic about the chances as designed. I need to follow up with
him on this...

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649