Re: AO-7 Tumble?

Thanks Jon and Emily for your responses.

If I were to add another set of elements on the same
boom with the proper phase difference on the boom and
in the feed, what form of polarization would this
provide?  Can this be done to an existing boom design,
like the directive systems beams?  or does this mess
with the element spacings?  I suspect not, given that
the new elements would be at 90degrees.

Thanks, Michael

--- "Michael Hatzakis, Jr" <mike@hatzakis.net> wrote:
> Was just on AO-7 (Seattle 47N 122W at 20:30 PST) and
> wondered if anyone
> noticed the more brisk than usual QSB.  Seemed to
> have a period of about 2-3
> seconds and deep.  I wonder if the sat is tumbling
> more?  If one were to
> have a cross polarized antenna, vs a horizontal
> polarized antenna, would
> this improve this effect?
>
> Michael  K3MH

> those of the author.
> satellite program!
Majordomo@amsat.org

=====
Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions