RE: Be prepared for the worse

If I remember correctly, your whole region has that problem.  I read that
EME to Japan from the US has been split 2.3 GHz from the US and 2.4 GHz from
Japan.

But yeah, there is no reason that 2.4 GHz EME can't be done.  If there are a
lot of us with 2.4 GHz receiving equipment it makes sense to try it at those
frequencies.  Also much EME is on schedules, so as long as the other station
can TX/RX on 2.4 GHz that shouldn't matter as well.

The problem, of course is still to generate 100-200W at 2304 or 2400 MHz,
and the really only practical way is with a tube cavity amp like the K9EK
one.  And even that needs I think in the single-digit of watts drive.  Maybe
if Ed's still monitoring this list he can give us the details.

Fred W0FMS