RE: 10' portable dish on Ebay

Hey, I recognize that!  Does anybody know what it's original purpose was, or
any other details?

I ended up with one from a ham swap about a year ago, but there are no
markings on it, and there is no round thing (feed, presumably) on the end of
the center pole.  It may be a prototype of the one pictured here.

Greg  KO6TH