Re: Nova

Cliff,

Like many other "big" software applications (MS Word, Excel, etc), Nova
can be difficult at times.  No doubt about it.  The more knobs that are
available to turn, the more likely the user can become lost.  Nova is
designed for maximum flexibility and this means that it can also be
maximally confusing.  For example, the notion that each View can have
its own set of satellites, maps, observers and settings is sometimes
intimidating.

In his epoch-setting Instant Track, Franklin Antonio set the standard
for bullet-proof amateur software.  Instant Track set out to do a
limited number of tasks and it did them extremely well.  As a
consequence, it needed virtually no revision.  Nova, being more
ambitious but less perfect, has evolved through time and has also
developed some quirks and, yes, bugs.

I try to remain responsive to user input, bug reports, and suggestions.
Nova-Net (http://www.nlsa.com/nets/nova-net-help.html) is a forum for
this, perhaps more appropriate than amsat-bb.  I hope that you can
understand however, that with over 300,000 lines of code, a complete
revision of Nova is not imminent.

73,
W9IP