Re: R: P3E Info and moon capabilities

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2004/02/06 04:42:54 Rolf Niefind wrote:
>  I am using 124 MHz ( no transmit capability in FT-847 -  airband - )
>  and backup is a 2nd converter with 50 MHz IF.

  In case of my portable setup, I replaced the LO Xtal of Drake2880
to convert 2400MHz into 142MHz. Most of 2m all-mode radio will be
possible to extend its low-edge receiving freq below than 142MHz I
think (If cannot, 149MHz will be another choice).
  In this way you have to order a special 8.8203MHz xtal for your d/c,
but it might be cheeper than to buy another 123MHz Airband receiver.
And, most of 2m radio cannot transmit at 142MHz so this is good to
protect my down converter from miss-transmitting (especally during my
DX pedi Hi).

  I also have an 23cm upconverter that converts 145MHz to 1269MHz,
but there is no problem to use this with 142MHz-IF S-converter. The
2MHz sepalation is enough.
  So if someone want to use 2m->23cm upconverter with 2m-IF s-band
d/c, I world like to recommend to change the Xtal of his/her S-band
d/c. This will be better to escape from telestrial 2m QRM also.

  My KH2 trip will be in next Jun or later....

73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR/T88IY
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY,V63BP
jf6bcc@jarl.com or yoshi@kh2gr.callsign.org