Re: EAGLE status

>I am sure that AMSAT folks have their hands a bit full right now with the
>recovery of AO-40 and the launch campaign for AMSAT-Echo.  The right time
>to assess where we are and where we are going as an organization is when we
>know whether every project we have is a failure (after Echo is launched),
>we recover AO-40, we get both.  Surely it makes more sense to know what the
>situation is before you make pronouncments that presuppose there is a single
>asset you have in orbit on which to sell yourself.

Tnx, Bob...I'm about the only active amateur satelliter in kthe San Diego
area, so they come to me with the questions, and I reflect them here...

Yes, there are obviously events, problems to be solved before Eagle, but it
seems as tho potential users are very interested in 2m/435 pairing that we
unfortunately did not get on 40...That mode is of minor interest to me in
comparison to the higher frequencies for experimenting, but I still get the
questions...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....