Re: AO-7

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Geiger"
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-7

> I really miss RS12 and RS13.  When RS13 would go into
> Mode T it would provide a booming downlink signal.

I, too miss RS12/13 - It quickly became my favorite bird, with lots of room
for ragchew QSOs, and as you said, a very strong downlink.  I found this
bird after starting with UO-14, and was very happy to make some nice QSOs
for 10 minutes or so, compared to the ultra-short FM bird 'grid swap'.

RS12/13 was truly an easysat. My success working it gave me the confidence
to try working AO-40!

I didn't have the gear at the time to try HF to HF on RS-12, it was mode K I
believe.. I imagine that was interesting as well!

Speaking of AO-40, many thanks to all of the dedicated control team members
for your hard work on the recovery effort. This is tough work, and I'm
confident that you'll figure out what it will take to recover the bird -
you've done it before, and I trust that you can do it again!

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Amsat # 35249