Be prepared for the worse

As my defunct battery inclined uncle one day said " Be prepared for the worse if it happens you will not be
taken pants down" or something like that. As i was also investigating the Janet Jackson wardrobe
malfunction... I was inspired at the half show by AO-40 problems.

If he don't came back wich alternatives are available?  a PLAN B for an HEO. I look at the preliminary keps
for Echo and as planned we will have a sat with 10 minutes 4 pass a day availability, lets called it a 10-4
sat.

I have nothing against any 10-4 sats but it will be hard to forget AO-40 as the miss Jackson metal star...;)

I think P3E will be the actual only one alternative choice for the FEW HEO users. The whole dynamics will be
changed if we cannot succeded in AO-40 recovery efforts.

I'm still evaluating my recent AO-40 investments, how i can made them usefull again if things turns bad?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)