Re: best antenna

The ISS has a very powerful transmitter compared to other satellites, so a
good gain antenna like a high-gain ground plane will do fine at most
elevations.  The best omni would probably be some kind of eggbeater,
however they aren't really gain antennas.  So regardless of the type of
antenna, get a good set of receive preamps, keep coaxial runs as short as
possible and keep your uplink/downlink antennas as far apart as possible so
they don't desense (not a consideration for the ISS but a consideration for
other packet satellites.)

73,

Emily
.

At 07:19 AM 2/3/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm new here and am having a blast working the ISS with APRS packet.
>Anyway, I currently use a J-pole to do this.  My question is what would be
>the best omnidirectional antenna that I could have for this type of work?
>

>Thanks,
>Matt
>

>----

W0EEC - CM87tm