Re: Satellite Antenna Modeling

Keith:

   Does ground conductivity matter to such an antenna, especially if it
includes a reflector and is pointed at the sky?

  I use a helix for UHF uplink to AO-40 (at least, I used to, and hope to
again).  I homebrewed mine based on one in the ARRL Antenna Book.   I never
modeled it, but it seems to work just fine!

My helix has an almost 2 foot square reflector, which is actually a screen
door protector from my local home improvement store.  It is expanded metal
"grid" material with a extruded aluminum frame.

73,

Paul W4SKI